Survey and descriptive results
- Households take advantage of the opportunities to learn about the schools that the NHPS offers
However, households generally do not understand the details of how the placement process works or know their own admission chances.
- 66% of households read the school choice catalog, and 60% visited the district's informational website
- Over 90% used some NHPS source to learn about the school choice process
- Most households report considering a wide vireity of schools.
- Respondents did worse than random guessing on questions that asked about the role neighborhood priority, sibling priority, and rank order in school placement.
- Households are of by an average of 28 percentage points in their beliefs about admission chances.
- For another 10 perce,t the respondent thought their child had at least a 25% chance of admission at a school where the child was almost sure to be rejected (0.1% chance or lower)